Monday, September 11, 2006

Day Eleven

Well I had an amazing writing day today. A new character emerged who I think will be pivotal to the story. Her voice was strong and the words just flew from my fingers.

Word count: 22, 529

That means I did over 2300 today. Yes!

Quote:
The only failure in writing is when you stop doing it.
-from Wild Mind

Ain't that the truth!

This pace of writing a novel in a month has permeated my life but not consumed it. I feel there is the perfect balance right now and I am savoring it. Last night as I read before falling asleep, all these new "what if" questions regarding my story and characters came up so I had to jot them down in a journal I keep by the bed for just such instances. I filled two and half pages and this morning they all still felt relevant.

Now it's time to switch gears and put on my graphic designer hat before the kids get home from school and all the homework/dinner/bedtime fiasco begins.

No comments: