Monday, September 18, 2006

Day Eighteen

I waited until the last possible moment to start writing today- 2:00 and I just finsished as daughter number one got off the bus a few minutes ago. It is a cold, rainy, dreary day. Perfect for curling up with a good book. But I did finally haul myself to the computer, adding some 2000 words to my story. I wasn't sure where I was starting today but it ended up in an interesting place. A couple things changed and I wasn't sure how that would work but I followed it anyway and it feels inevitable. And I only found that out by showing up. I know I sound like a broken record but it's the lesson I keep having pounded into me day after day and it is the lesson I so needed to learn. And will continue to have to learn over and over again.

Total word count: 36, 241

Quote:
When we write we begin to taste the texture of our own mind.
-from "Long Quiet Highway"

No comments: