Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Few of My Favorite things

It seems like I hear this song a dozen times a day so I may as well use it to inspire a post here.

These are a few of my favorite things:
- reading in bed after I wake up in the morning
- clean, crisp sheets
- bare trees etched against a blue sky
- the smell of coffee (but I don't like the taste)
- A soy chai and pumpkin scone from Starbucks
- watching my cats play
- decorating the house for Christmas
- taking the decorations down
- unexpectedly finding new books that I want to read at the library
- sunflowers
- finding the perfect word, verb, phrase, metaphor in my writing
- a good glass of red wine
- discovering a new writer
- the smell of brownies or chocolate chip cookies
- staring at a campfire
- browsing an independent bookstore. this is still my favorite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just to let you know I've been reading your blog on and off for a while, and now I've finally gotten around to making a bookblog I've added you to my blogroll. Even though I really hate that word...

Kim Haas said...

Thanks! It's always a pleasure to hear from new readers.Yeah... blogroll sound like it should refer to some fat body part.