Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Bit of Inspiration

Here are some of my favorite, inspiring quotes on writing and the creative process:

"The universe is made up of stories, not atoms." - Muriel Rukeyser

"Artistic growth is more than it is anything else, a refining of the sense of truthfulness. The stupid believe that to be truthful is easy; only the artist, the great artist, knows how difficult it is." - Willa Cather

"I suppose I have written novels to find out what I thought about something, and poems to find out what I felt about something." - May Sarton

"To express the emotions of life is to live. To express the life of emotions is to make art." - Jane Heap

"You don not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quite still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Franz Kafka

1 comment:

respectfulee said...

I just dropped by your blog to see how you're doing. I'm glad--love the quotes! What a concept to just sit and wait for the world to show up. Good words for those of us prone to impatience.